Would you like to contribute creatively to a large, meaningful mission? We are in the processing of transforming healthcare. In particular, we are transforming the way that care givers across the country integrate information and make decisions.
Due to a recent acquisition, we now have an unprecedented combination of scale and industry leading technology and talent to change the way we experience healthcare. Specifically designed with the size and scale to address the complexity of today’s and tomorrow’s healthcare system, we are a company committed to advancing medical benefits management – and enabling better outcomes for patients, providers, and plans.
Ours is an evidence-based approach that leverages our exceptional capabilities, powerful analytics, and an acute sensitivity to the challenges and needs of everyone involved across the healthcare spectrum. Applying proven talent and leading-edge technology, we harness healthcare’s evolving demand and inherent change to realize and deliver improved results for everyone.
Want to join us?
We leverage our deep evidence based knowledge and technology to deliver services and software solutions so healthcare payers and providers can deliver the best quality care. Our natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) platform replaces outdated manual processes with software-driven clinical reasoning.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Principal Software Engineer with exceptional skills who will complement our growing team.
- Definition/implementation of enterprise architectural patterns to satisfy business objectives
- Acute familiarity with system implementation/code base in order to effectively assess business decision impact
- Collaborative engagement with engineers, product managers, etc. in coming to a solution
- Follow industry standard best practices with respect to programming, design, and implementation.
- Research new technologies and tools respective of business goals
- Perform design and code reviews
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with common enterprise software engineering approaches
- Experience scaling out applications and the series of tradeoffs/considerations involved
- Experience developing Java EE applications (Java, EJB, CDI, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful web services)
- Comfortable designing and developing in an object oriented fashion (OOA, OOD)
- Comfortable with RDBMS systems - relationship mapping options, query optimization, etc.
- JSON, RESTful and general client-server interactions and architecture
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with component-based web UI frameworks/Rich Internet Application frameworks (Ember.js, AngularJS, W3C Web Components) preferred
What’s in it for you, other than improving patient care? We carefully select really smart people and provide them with the autonomy to build great software. We recognize and reward based on merit, not titles. We have amazing views from our offices, lots of food, an espresso machine and other perks. But most of all we offer the chance to build your career with people like you who want to solve problems, and have fun to