We seek passionate and innovative Technical Lead to manage our Applications group. The Applications group is charged with designing, building, and delivering innovative services on the our Genome Platform. This team is responsible for a wide variety of projects, from automation and big data normalization to analytics, BI, and service APIs.
As leader, architect, and individual contributor you will help build the team, define a roadmap, and provide technical leadership. Successful candidates will excel at turning a complex and aggressive vision into an actionable set of discrete and prioritized objectives. This is also a hands on role where you will get the opportunity to role up your sleeves, employing technology to solve really challenging problems.
If you are passionate about creating world-class innovation that delivers practical user benefits, join us.
- Mange team priorities and day to day activies
- Design new applications, features, and services to support our extensive application suite
- Work with customers and product management to build, execute, and maintain a development roadmap.
- Code and test – ship features using iterative development and continuous deployment
- Coordinate development between internal and external teams
- Develop, report, and publish project specifications, resource requirements, schedule details, milestones, deliverables, priorities, and risk assessments
- Research new technology, development, or management tools to improve quality and performance of software development processes
- Quickly learn and use the following technologies: Scala, AngularJS, machine learning, Map/Reduce (Hadoop, Spark, etc), MongoDB, Postgres.
- 5+ years as a software engineer using Scala, Java, or C++.
- 1+ year as a manager or technical lead
- Strong SQL skills, Postgres knowledge a plus
- Significant experience developing and releasing commercial software products
- Enterprise software development a plus
- Expert software design skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop analytic solutions to complex problems
- Ability to analyze complex data and present results to business users; report building and data visualization skills a plus
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Math, Physics, Engineering, and/or Computer Science).
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and can do attitude
- Thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment