We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a real passion for building highly-scalable, distributed Big Data applications based on the Lambda Architecture. We want people who take ownership of a project. As part of engineering, you’ll work on an agile team designing and building a Forecasting and Optimization platform capable of:
- Processing 2 Billion Bid requests a day
- 1.5TB of data processed daily
- Running in a distributed environment with 500+ servers across a hybrid cloud environment
- Data processing in AWS
- 200k QPS at low latency
The optimizer and forecaster take in mathematical models in order to make as well as predict the outcome of "fuzzy" decisions related to inventory management, bidding, and performance of advertising campaigns.
Tools We Like You To Have:
- Scala or Java
- SBT, Akka
- Kafka, Zookeeper, Spark, Hadoop, EMR
- Solr, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Ansible/Puppet, DataDog
What You'll Be Doing..
- Hands-on programming capabilities in Java/Scala, Spark, Hadoop etc..
- You will Work with a team of Data Scientists in revamping our Forecaster and Optimization systems feeding directly into the bidder
- Design/architect and implement new features and systems with a focus on high quality well tested code
- Collaborate with other team members, participating in architecture discussions and code reviews.
- You will provide production support, monitoring the performance of ourForecaster and Optimization systems and troubleshoot/fix issues that arise with deployed software
- Minimum 5 years software engineering experience
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and big data processing
- Familiarity with real time data streaming technologies like Spark, Kafka etc
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- BS, MS, or equivalent experience
- Experience with GIT version control
Compensation and Benefits:
Wexf place an emphasis and importance on ensuring our total rewards are competitive, aligned with industry and to help you create a productive work/life balance. Benefits are highly subsidized and include medical, company paid dental, vision, employer contributed Health Savings Account, 401k matching, corporate gym discounts, pre-tax health and commuter savings, life insurance, 5 and 10-year Sabbatical programs, Discretionary Time Off (a.k.a. open vacation policy!), Paid Parental Leave, an Employee Referral Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and much more! All this is within a collaborative work environment you can personalize and topped with engaging programs like Micro-Mentorship, and Team Sports.