We protect essential business data for tens of thousands of the world’s fastest growing companies. Our Total Data Protection platform delivers uninterrupted access to data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Through our network of partners, we provide companies with products and services designed to continually keep business running.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with strong leadership and mentoring skills who desires “hands on” development as an ongoing part of their role.
About the Role: Day to day work includes coding from the position of team lead, participating and leading design and code reviews, and actively mentoring more junior team members in both software-design and implementation. Some of our engineers use Mac OS X with Vim, some others use Linux with Sublime. We believe that engineers choose the best tools that work for them. Our technology stack makes extensive use of Ruby, Redis, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL.
- Develop, design, and implement scalable and future-proof software solutions.
- Enhance the company’s internal and client facing web portals.
- Solve interesting and challenging problems from refactoring to design and testing.
- Audit, evaluate, and refactor existing legacy code.
- Participate in a fast-paced agile software development lifecycle.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7-10 years of professional experience delivering production software
- Significant experience working within a SaaS model
- Background managing large data stores
- Prior experience with large-scale systems / deployments
- Experience with big-data, NoSQL DBs or MapReduce
- Understanding of encryption and data security standards
- Strong hands-on engineering skills
- Well versed in Ruby and Ruby on Rails, PHP or higher level languages
- Management or team leadership experience
- Comfortable at a Linux prompt
- Solid understanding of Git
- Excellent knowledge of server side and backend best practices
- Engage with TDD and BDD regularly
- Technical team-leadership experience is a must
Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.