We are looking for a Backend Architect to join us working on a suite of products that powers content marketing for B2B companies ranging from small startups to multinational companies on the Fortune 500 list.
Our ideal candidate:
- Deep technical challenges on a daily basis as well as a meaningful role in product development. At the moment our team is working on building a web crawling architecture that can crawl 10,000,000+ articles a day and make them fully searchable in real time. There is some serious engineering behind making all of that work and we want to find people that love tackling hard problems like this head on.
- A very strong team of developers that are focused on helping each other to improve as engineers every day. We write automated tests as part of our development workflow, practice pair programming, perform peer code reviews, and share knowledge in weekly tech talks.
- Room for growth, we're still a relatively small team but looking to grow significantly this year. We have a huge vision and we âre just at the beginning of an immense growth curve in an industry that is exploding.
- All the tools you need to succeed, chose your own computer and gear.
- Focused startup environment that truly values work/life balance. We have an amazing office overlooking the Boston Common with a kitchen full of snacks and weekly catered lunches.
- Top market salary, equity package, 401k plan, Medical with 100% deductible reimbursement, dental and vision insurance and gym membership reimbursement.
- Has 8+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale data intensive applications, with a preference to python.
- Has experience designing and developing a data processing pipeline at scale.
- Has architected distributed systems on cloud based platforms such as AWS.
- Feels that testing is a core part of their development process.
- Enjoys mentoring junior developers, pair programming, reviewing code and mentoring other developers.
- Seeks an opportunity to grow into a technical leadership position.
There is always a new and challenging problem to solve. One day you might be developing machine learning algorithms that make recommendations to marketers about how to optimize their strategy, the next you could be tuning our database to reduce bottlenecks and the next you could be reviewing and refactoring code that is responsible for crawling millions of articles per day. We love people that thrive on solving tough problems with clean, welltested and scalable code.