We are seeking Software Engineer to design and build full stack applications on our partner-facing big data platform.
Successful candidates will love inventing innovative software, capabilities that don't exist anywhere else. This role will involve working on everything from database design to algorithms to, user interfaces. This role is perfect for a back end developer who doesn’t mind using UI frameworks (AngularJS) to get the job done.
If you are passionate about creating world-class innovation that delivers practical user benefits, join us.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design new applications, features, and services to support our extensive partner network
- Collaborate with customers and product management to build, execute, and maintain a development roadmap.
- Code, test, ship using iterative development and continuous deployment
- Learn new technologies, including Scala, Spark, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Hadoop, MongoDB, Postgres, AngularJS
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years as a software engineer using Java or Scala. New grads with work experience should apply. Fans of Erlang, Haskell, or Clojure will fit right in.
- Strong SQL skills, We use Postgres, but experience with any relational database engine will do.
- Web UI development skills are important for some roles. Some exposure to frameworks such as AngularJS, React, or Ember will be helpful.
- Commercial software experience is important. We ship often under tight deadlines. Our customers are what we are about. Enterprise software development experience is a plus.
- Design skills and the ability to understand complex requirements is an every day responsibility. You will own a feature set from concept through requirements, build, and delivery.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Math, Physics, Engineering, and/or Computer Science). .
- Highly motivated self-starter and can do attitude