Senior DevOps Engineer, Platform 2.0
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building our evolving continuous delivery cloud platform. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self starter who can act independently.
Primary responsibilities include:
- DevOps engineer with the goal of continuous delivery in a cloud environment.
- Operational point of contact for development, operations and testing.
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency, reliability and repeatability.
- Operational review of cloud architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments.
- Configure, deploy, and AWS services and applications.
- AWS Network Security
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Provide best practices, recommendations and guidance for use of the cloud
- Troubleshooting complex systems
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
- 3-8+ years experience working with tiered web applications
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS.
- Strong technical foundation in several of the following AWS technologies:
- EC2, Redshift, Elasticache, VPC, EBS
- Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudformation
- Application and Network Monitoring
- Expertise with AWS cloud computing and the tools provided to manage operations at scale.
- Continuous integration tools: Bamboo
- SCM tools: GIT, BitBucket
- Scripting languages: Shell, Python, Ruby
- Experience with SQL, and NoSql Data stores
- Previous experience in SaaS technology business extremely helpful
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.