Would you like to join a development team delivering cutting-edge software to the healthcare domain? We are expert in connecting healthcare information systems across hospitals and physician practices to create a single software work environment for physicians.
We're the leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians and are the largest provider of healthcare services in the U.S. With growth comes new opportunity, so we are searching for a senior level Java web developer to join our talented software engineering team. The team develops and maintains J2EE based Web applications and Mobile applications (iOS, Android) for the healthcare industry.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the developer’s primary responsibility is to design and implement various components of our industry leading applications. You will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will actively participate in ongoing new feature/architecture designs and product enhancements. The selected candidate will be able to quickly learn complex concepts and use your extensive experience/knowledge to recognize areas for improvement.
- A highly-motivated developer experienced in designing and building Java applications with the passion for building high performing, scalable, and re-usable solutions
- Working knowledge of Domain-Driven-Design (DDD) principles
- Capable of driving the architecture forward
- Ability to interpret requirements and clearly translate them to the technical domain language
- Knowledgeable of and have solid understanding of Object Oriented advanced design patterns, best practices and current frameworks.
- Experience with Agile, DevOps methodologies
- Cognizant of software design’s and implementation choices’ impact on application performance and maintainability
- Current with the latest/emerging Java trends, specifically around non-blocking IO solutions
- Able to work individually and as part of a diverse team
- Capable of mentoring junior developers
- Design and develop new industry-leading products
- Full stack development
- Enhance current applications, apply smart re-factoring for some legacy components from the standpoint of performance, scalability, reliability and time
- Engage in a full stack development leveraging framework and tools such as Spring, Hibernate, Apache Ignite, Camel, RxJava, Maven, UI- JQuery, Angular2, CSS, others
- Actively participate in the effort defining development best practices, facilitate code reviews and process improvements
- Champion building high quality software using test-driven development practices in a fast-paced Agile environment
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 5+ years of progressive development experience with focus on design and architecture
- Advanced Java skills and object-oriented design experience
- Experience with concepts and tools for performance tuning and optimization, memory analysis and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of the relational database and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, security, multi-threading, distributed data fabrics
- Pluses: Apache Camel, EIP, Apache Ignite, reactive programming (RxJava)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills