We are a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Cloud Platforms, you will be a primary driver for the team in global operational strategies in the cloud while driving our cloud initiative in High Performance Grid Computing and managing a scalable, continuous-integration architecture. Ensuring architectural best practices, such as loose-coupling, security at every layer, and regulatory governance is key. Strategic implementation of local and global solutions, with an eye to scalable, sustainable architecture, will be a core tenant. This role handles complex long-term projects involving multiple disciplines and across many different business units. We have to know you’ve been there and done that so bring your ideas, past and present experiences and high energy to this innovative technology team; help us bring this amazing company and industry through its cloud adoption, and beyond.
- You are someone who has successfully lead a migration of on-premise, cloud, and hybrid systems to AWS.
- You are an outside the box thinker and a problem solver who enjoys collaboration that leads to the best possible technical solutions.
- There are a lot of moving parts to this initiative that you understand better than we do because you’ve been through it.
- You excel at and thoroughly enjoy providing insightful evaluations of new technological developments and evolving business requirements, with strategic design toward whole-organization success.
- CloudFormation, Terraform; iterative template creation experience
- Solid exposure to Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- 10+ years experience, 4+ years AWS-specific
- *Nix preferred, WIN ok; mixed OS ideal
- Big Data experience; NoSQL (DynamoDB), Cassandra, Hadoop
- Docker/ECS, containerization experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in leading technical project teams, global/distributed team experience a plus
- DevOps tool/methodology experience around Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, (Agile) Scrum/Kanban, Github, (AWS) Codepipeline, (AWS) OpsWorks
- Ruby, GRAILS, Python scripting experience a plus
- Lambda scripting experience preferred
- Awareness around security concerning Data Sovereignty, HIPAA, ITAR (etc), a plus