The emergence of big data is creating opportunities to develop data platforms that turn big data into big insights with tremendous value. This role is critical in enabling these capabilities and providing business partners with the tools to make their decision making process more efficient and with greater speed. This role will develop long-term technology and data strategies and shorter-term development and delivery plans to enable us to Insight. The candidate must be extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at working in an agile development environment.
Required Demonstrable Skills
- Develop the architecture for our Big Data & Analytics Platform to optimize the ingestion and management of varied sources of high volume data
- Define analytic architecture that leverages the Big Data Platform to enable advanced analysis capabilities
- Participate in the end to end delivery of business use-cases including data architecture to deliver results
- Design and build efficient yet cost-effective Big Data applications to help business partners answer their business questions
- Deliver as part of an agile team the ongoing platform architecture, build and maintenance
- Architect the data security, compliance and privacy methodology
- Provide leadership to data management and governance methodologies for the team
- Evaluate and present proposed architectures to enable platform with highest level of performance, garner leadership support and enable implementation
- Stay up to date on the relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities
- Deep expertise is working with data – all kinds, clean, dirty, unstructured, semi-structured
- Have hands-on experience with Cloudera Hadoop Administration (e.g. configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Strong experience with large cloud-compute infrastructure solutions such as Amazon Web Services, Google, Azure
- Experience managing the full lifecycle of a Hadoop Solution
- Experience creating the requirements analysis, the platform selection, design of the technical architecture, design of the application design and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution
- Experience with the major big data solutions like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBASE, MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, Impala, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper, Sqoop, etc.
- Firm understanding of major programming/scripting languages like Java, Python, R, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend and/or Pentaho.
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms
- Experience in Hadoop Platform Security and Hadoop Data Governance topics
- Experience in technical computing (optimization, statistics and machine learning)
- Experience with analytics visualization software such as Tableau
- Minimum of BS in Computer Science or similar field
- Must have at least 8-10 years’ experience in information management and application development
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years working hands on with Big Data technologies