We are an open source educational software start up venture between MIT and Harvard and seeking a Principal Engineer. We are adding strong full stack software engineers to join the team in building the world's leading learning destination site and platform so that everyone around the world has the opportunity and access to education.
You will have the opportunity to have a real impact and to learn from some of the best in the industry today.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
- Understand and leverage key aspects of building operationally viable solutions.
- Value teamwork, cutting edge technology and a vibrant start-up atmosphere to work in.
- Support the open source community.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Real-world experience with Python or other dynamic development languages.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Committed to documentation best practices so your code can be consumed in an open source environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with D3, Bootstrap, Backbone, or RequireJS.
- Test Driven Development.
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks.
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Familiarity with standards compliant front-end development and accessibility best practices.
We are an MIT Start-up company that offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet!