e protect business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Our Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on our combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what.
- Participate in the development, design, and implementation of net new features.
- Work with a talented team of software engineers to design, develop, and implement our suite of cloud managed networking products.
- Participate in a fast-paced agile software development lifecycle.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team.
Desired Skills or Experience:
- 7-10 years of professional experience delivering production software
- Strong working knowledge of PHP (including PHP7) or another high-level, web-centric programming language (e.g. PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.).
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the OSI model, specifically TCP/IP
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve.
- Experience with version control software, Git is preferred
- Experience with relational databases, MySQL is preferred.
- Knowledge of the MVC design pattern.
- Experience with API development.
- Familiarity with development frameworks (Zend, RoR, Symfony, .NET)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.