VP of Engineering - Mobile Development
Have a passion for leading teams that develop cutting edge Mobile Apps? Do you enjoy working
within a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment? We are a voice technology
company headquartered in Boston, MA, and have an exciting opportunity for a highly productive Vice President of Mobile Development and to work side-by-side with a small but mighty global team.
We are building critical infrastructure for the rapidly growing hearable market (60%
CAGR, 6B wireless units by 2021). We connect brands' voice services (e.g., Hey Uber, Hey Alexa,etc.) directly with consumers via an SDK and multi-wake word support on audio hardware
devices. As we have become the fastest adopted technology in human history, a software access point is now required on every audio device to enable access to a rapidly growing number of voice services - “hey Alexa” “hey Google” and quickly emerging new services including “hey Starbucks” “hey Salesforce” “hey Walmart” etc. We are focused on TWS audio hardware manufacturers as our first customers and are currently
looking for a candidate for the following leadership position.
Primary task for this role is managing the daily activities of our mobile development. Must be
very hands-on, and a knack for organization as you’ll be expected to manage multiple priorities
and timelines. Our ideal candidate will also have a solid understanding of best-practices...
This role reports into the CTO and is part of a high-functioning remote Mobile Development
team. Collaboration will be key as you’ll also be partnering closely with Product, and other
• Work with CTO to build mobile application architecture
• Lead Software Engineering team in development of a mobile application that will interact
with a hardware device
• Further develop and build mobile app development team
• Make decisions on when to outsource vs insourced
• Lead mobile application outsource partner selection
• Lead the development of new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
• Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
• Fix bugs and performance problems
• Ensure and writing clean, readable, and testable code
• Lead and cooperate with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to
deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
• Report to the CTO with updates on progress of projects
• Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process,
from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s)
• Our mobile application must be written for iOS and Android natively, not in
• Deep knowledge of iOS and Android mobile platforms
• Project management
• Has integrated voice services (google bisto, amazon AMA)
• Building and using SDKs
• Proficiency with overseeing and writing automated tests
• Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
• Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their
• Proficiency in Java, Swift and C#
• Familiarity with integrating Alexa and Google Voice SDK into mobile applications a plus
• Familiarity with Bluetooth and audio transfer which that the app will utilize
• Bluetooth Audio in iOS and Android
• Voice assistant’s SDK and API
• Data Analytics
• Mobile App and Backend Security
• 5+ years of experience developing Android and iOS Applications
• 2 + years of strong Software Development project management experience
• Has worked at a major technology company as well as worked and led the development
of a mobile application for a small team or company
• Experience managing international teams (particularly in China) is a plus.
• Comfortable working in “startup” and remote mode
• Prior experience in using AVS SDK and Hound API is a plus
• Ability to manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
• Ability to participate in critique and respond positively to feedback.
• Ability to communicate and present work effectively and professionally.